[linux-dvb] Re: IRMAN and VDR

Hello,

thanks for your answer and sorry for posting into the wrong ML.

Anaxares

Hi,

first: wrong ML!

I got some questions:
- I have read that IRMAN needs LIRC to work with VDR. I donīt understand that, because the IRMAN converts the infrared signals by hardware and LIRC does that also. So why LIRC?

Because VDR supports LIRC and not the IRMAN. That's why you have to use
LIRC and libirman.

- Assumed I use IRMAN with LIRC: do I have the full favor of the IRMAN-hardware, so that the computer has no cpu load?

Of course ...

Best regards,
Reiner