[linux-dvb] Re: conditional access

Harald Dankworth wrote:
I am using a WinTV Nexus-s card to receive satellite programs.
Free-to-air channels works, except that I have to generate the PCR in
the transport stream in the driver.

I have bought a Conax CAM to receive scrambled channels. I am
wondering to use the CA interface of the driver. Must I open the CA
device and explicitly set which PIDs to descramble, or is this
transparent to the application? Is there any C\C++ example for this?
Klaus Schmiedinger's VDR was probably the first open implementation using this interface. (or was it the implementation of the Tuxbox project?). Take a look into these sources for an example. IIRC the Metzlerbros wrapped the VDR code into a standalone library, so this one might be interesting for you, too...

Holger