[linux-dvb] Re: vbv delay/buffer overflows on VBR statmux

At 17:15 21/05/2003, you wrote:
OK, using 460 (230K) solves problems for the sample I had and the
sample Oliver provided without any driver patches.
Any BBC samples anywhere?
Thanks Ralph for looking into this so quickly!

BBC samples - sure: http://www.mpex.net/riovolt/ptsprob-bbc2-pes.mpg (5,8 MB) and http://www.mpex.net/riovolt/bbc3-testscreen-broken.mpv.mpg (2,5 MB)

What a conincidence I was just reading the TI documentation on the av7110 which says in Table 14: Video Input Buffer (theoretical + decoder delay +
display synchronization = 229,376 + 52,000 + 75,000)
which is surprisingly close to 230 k as "theoretical" input. Maybe this also explained why higher vbv_delay (i.e. no delay by setting 0xffff) had an effect freeing some memory?

This buffer size change of course would mean 20K less OSD memory.
I'd rather have some glitches on the OSD than ARM crashes to be honest :) but then again people who don't have problems with their setup could stay with the "more space for OSD" version.

- Gregor