[linux-dvb] Re: vbv delay/buffer overflows on VBR statmux

Marcus Metzler wrote:

> Gregor Lawatscheck writes:
>  > At 22:11 20/05/2003, you wrote:
>  > > > If it helps I can cut out a minute or so around the glitch and make
>  > > > it available for download.
>  > >
>  > >Yes, please. I'll check whether I can improve it.
>  >
>  > Sorry for taking this back over to the vdr list by accident. I guess when I
>  > read Klaus commenting I subconsciously typed the vdr list as recipient :).
>  >
>  > Some things I wanted to say:
>  >
>  > 1) Could it be a problem under certain conditions that the vbv buffer size
>  > is bigger than the actualy buffer set aside in the firmware? Of all the
>  > streams I've seen so far the vbv buffer size is 224 kbyte, as Ralph says
>  > the video memory in the firmware is at 210 k now. I suppose if settitng the
>  > bitrate alone doesn't save us from ARM crashes and if nothing can be done
>  > about freeing another 20k (to be safe) from the firmware I suppose we could
>  > try patching that value too. But let's see how far we get.
>
> It is no problem to free 20k, you just have to reduce the OSD
> memory. Of course, Klaus will kill you if you do that :-).
> They should have put more memory on the board.

Well, there is one other way, if you can do without teletext re-insertion.
The memory used for this just happens to be 20KB, too, and it also is taken
from the SDRAM. Disabling teletext re-insertion can give these 20KB right
to the video buffer, without decreasing the OSD.

Klaus