[linux-dvb] Re: Could the firmware of the DVB-Nexus card support the extended RC-5 protocol for the internal IR-receiver?

> > Would it be possible to modify the firmware so that
> > 13 or 14 bits are transfered? This way only a slight
> > modification of the DVB driver would be necessary to
> > support the new RC-5 codes as well.
>
> This would require deeper changes, right now the start bits are used for
> synchronisation of the IR command parser. Since this part of the chip is
> pretty poorly documented I can't really imagine that anybody will do
> this just for fun...

Hi Holger,
thanks for your answer. I was hoping that the exchange of one
byte in the firmware already could do the trick.
Taking the poor documentation into account as well as the
fact that I've written my last line of C-coding appr. 5 years
ago, I will better switch back to LIRC then ;-)
Thanks anyway and best regards
- Uwe