[linux-dvb] Re: Which CRC-code is used in TS of DVB?

Rene Bartsch wrote:
As subject says, which CRC-code is used in TS of DVB?

I think I've read CRC32 somewhere - is that correct?
it's CRC32, the decoder model is described in ITU-T H.222.0, Annex A.
it's used for section data only, read ITU-T H.222.0 for details.

It is not broken, just not implemented.

There have been mails on the List from Holger Waechtler that it has been
reenabled - this was in October 2002. There also where mails on the
kernel-ML about impementing a generic CRC32 class into DVB-kernel.
no, there is now a fallback in the software demux, you can use this by loading the driver with hw_sections=0. In this case you pass the data through the software demux where the crc32 checksum is correctly checked.

OK, what passes the CRC-check, then?
When you enable DMX_CHECK_CRC only section data with valid CRC will arrive in userspace.

Yup, it is part of the demodulator hardware.
With the full-featured cards only or also with low-budgets?
yes.

Holger