[linux-dvb] Re: CVS don't compil against 2.5.70

Hello Gregoire,

I just updated the CVS and try to compil against 2.5.70:
Thanks again for your tests -- you are very quick. 8-)

  LD      drivers/media/common/built-in.o
  CC      drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.o
In file included from drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.c:35:
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.h:48: parse error before "devfs_handle_t"
The devfs stuff has been simplified in the last kernel versions, "devfs_handle_t" is now gone. This causes the compilation to fail and has to be worked around.

It is not trivial to work around this in "dvb_compat". With a heavy heart, I decided to add some #ifdef LINUX_VERSION macros again at the right place to make it compile again.

You can try again now. 8-)

Please note that I removed my analog saa7146 drivers from the "build-2.4" tree and put them to a separate "analog-2.4" tree. Don't be suprised when you update your CVS tree.

CU
Michael.