[linux-dvb] Total freezes

Hello, All

I am trying to get a Hauppauge Nova-T PCI card to work.

I have installed the latest (pre3) drivers and dvbstream/dvbtune from the Sourceforge CVS. I can now use:

tzap BBC ONE
dvbstream -o -ps -v 600 -a 601 | mplayer -

and get BBC1 full screen, perfect quality.

HOWEVER, this lasts for about an hour, and the whole computer freezes. Nothing responds, not keyboard, mouse, network, not even CTRL-ALT-SysRq. The only thing to do is press the reset button. The display remains unmoving on the screen.

There is no gradual deterioration. One instant is is working well, the next it is dead.

It is not the mplyer because the same thing happens if I direct the output of dvbstream to a file. It stops at around 1hour/2Gbyes of perfect stream.

I just don't know where to begin to try to debug this. Is this something that anyone else has worked through?

Any input would be very welcome. (Full system details below).

Regards,
Alistair.

S/W

Linux Mandrake 9.1 Standard kernel 2.4.21 configuration except recompiled for Athlon.
Tried dvb-20030628 snapshot and linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre3 drivers.
Tried with and without NVidia drivers.
dvbstream taken from CVS around 25 June.

H/W

Athlon XP 2500, 512 Mbytes
Shuttle mainboard with NVidia nForce2 chipset.