[linux-dvb] Re: grr.. Any DVB-T adaptors which work reliably?

> > No crashes since the release of the new firmware that included the OSD
> fixes.
>
> > Yep, mine looks like the second picture, too, and has also a ALPS tuner
> > with SP8870.
>
> Yes, I have the same card as you.  Would you mind telling me which version
> of the firmware fixes it for you?  I grabbed the latest windows version
from
> the Techotrends.de site, I think it is dated April ish, and called version
> 2.15a.  I have only tried it under windows I think to be honest, but it
> crashes on windows easily....  I notice that a similar version of the
> software is know on the Hauppauge site, but I assume the firmware is the
> same?
>
> I guess I should try it under linux to double check.  I'm using driver
from
> approx CVS 24/6/03

My mistake.  I *AM* using the april firmware version 2.15a.  It crashes on
my machine within about 5 channel changes :-(

However, it is great to hear that at least some people HAVE managed to make
this card work well.  It encourages me to check all the other variables like
power supply, etc.

Thanks

Ed Wildgoose