[linux-dvb] Is surround sound broadcast with DVB in the UK?

I've been using a Nova-T card to receive UK DVB transmissions for a
while now (mainly with home-brew scripts piping into mplayer) and I'm
wondering whether the BBC and Co. broadcast any form of surround sound.

I also have a Pace set-top-box (one of the old ITV digital ones from
when they went bust) and this is plugged into a DTS decoder. On
occasion, this will produce sounds through the rear speakers whils
watching, e.g. BBC1. Is this 'proper' surround or some form of
pseudo-surround generated by the DTS decoder from a plain stereo input?
The rear channels aren't there all the time, often just for the odd
sound effect or something, so some fake surround thing just doesn't seem
right to me!

I'm just pondering buying some surround speakers for the PC with the DVB
card, and wondered whether it was worth pursuing surround from that!

Cheers,

Laz