[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 recommended for UK?

On Monday 07 July 2003 22:12, Juergen Peitz wrote:
> Monday, 7. Juli 2003 11:56 Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:
> > There appear to be issues with the full featured version of the DVB-T 1.2
> > card but I don't think it has been established whether it's a problem
> > with some of the cards or even a single card. Neither is there much info
> > on whether it's a driver / firmware problem - which I guess is hard to
> > test as the generally quite stable 0.9.4 drivers (they don't appear to
> > mind reception errors or no signal too much) didn't support the full
> > featured DVB-T card?
>
> I have a working patch for the full featured card and the old oldstruct
> drivers. Because of the size I don't want to publish it on the mailinglist,
> but I could send it to you and everybody who is interested by private mail.
> Just let me know.

I'm definately interested in testing any patch for the DVB-T 1.2.
I currently do not have the time to participate in the discussion :-( But in
the next week i have spare time for testing.

But i want to share briefly my experiences:
Complete lockups of the ALPS frontend are very rare for me. If they happen an
unload and reload of the dvbtt-pci module fixes the problem (but the frontend
module can stay in memory). What happens really often (but without any
regularity in it) is that the frontend do not deliver any signal after
changing the channel. I can often fix it, by changing back to the previous
channel again, wait until the OSD disappears, and then try another time to
switch to the desired channel. Which also means that the OSD still works
without any signal.
I did not tested the composite out ever, because i just watch at the computer.
But i use a patched driver for my card, which fixes the problem for me that
the frontend takes several seconds to lock. I do not know or tested if this
fix also changes anything on the "black screen" problem.

Greetings
  Nils