[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 recommended for UK?

> What happens really often (but without any
> regularity in it) is that the frontend do not deliver any signal after
> changing the channel. I can often fix it, by changing back to the previous
> channel again, wait until the OSD disappears, and then try another time to
> switch to the desired channel. Which also means that the OSD still works
> without any signal.

This sounds like exactly the problem that I have.  I can sometimes get it
back doing the trick you mention, but not more often than 1 in 10 times.
Usually it just dies permanently and only comes back when I reload the
dvbtt-pci module

> I did not tested the composite out ever, because i just watch at the
computer.
> But i use a patched driver for my card, which fixes the problem for me
that
> the frontend takes several seconds to lock. I do not know or tested if
this
> fix also changes anything on the "black screen" problem.

I'm interested in a reference to your patch for frontend taking a while to
lock?  My card takes about the same time to lock (second or so) as my set
top box, but it seems pretty slow to me, especially as the card is often
already on the right multi-plex...

Could you send me a link perhaps?