[linux-dvb] FYI: Now on Mac OS X

Hello good folk of the linux-dvb community.

I just wanted to let you know that I've made some software that lets
users of Mac OS X use DVB cards. This was possible for me to do thanks
primarily to your work on linux drivers for those cards.

I haven't exactly ported linux-dvb to the Mac - I haven't cut and pasted
any code - but I wouldn't have been able to do it without your drivers as
a reference. (Or rather, it would have taken me a helluva lot longer)

So thankyou to all the people who have contributed to this project,
especially Andrew de Quincey with his incredibly timely TDA10045H frontend
driver (the first patch for which was sent to the list about 48h after I
received the first Australian consumer DVB-T card and started work on the
Mac driver for it ... no wonder it didn't work first time :)

So far I've only done enough to make the card I have work, being an OEM
version of a new-style TechnoTrend Budget DVB-T card (The DPandA DVB-T ...
http://www.dpanda.com.au). But soon I will bring the Mac drivers more into
line with the range of cards supported under linux. Albeit in a Mac kind
of way of course :)

You can read about and/or download the binaries from the site I've created
for it at http://www.defyne.org/dvb/. I'll distribute the source code from
the same site when I've organised and cleaned it up a little.

OK, that was all I wanted to say. And this must about the point where
someone tells me it's already been done, right? :)

{P^/

btw I have an indirect contact with TechnoTrend. Initially I thought they
were going to give me some useful information, but heard nothing. When I
asked specifically for info on the TDA10045H, I received a reply saying
they would see what they could do, but then asking why I would want to
know about that when they are just about to shift production to using the
TDA10046H :). Now it looks like the only info they will give me is the
SDK, which of course binds me to not attempt to reverse engineer it. Oh
well we will see, they may want to help me out more after I have the SDK.