[linux-dvb] Re: Scanning other-nit

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 08:31:52AM +0300, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Maybe tuning attempts can be further reduced by dropping other
> satellites. ie. if tuning to 12345:v:S5.0E:27500 succeeds
> it is not necessary to try to tune to sats other then S5.0E

IMO, that's not such a good idea: you sometimes have weak transponders
(best example: 42e east/west beam), so starting on a weak transponder
would result in "no success" of the whole sat.
What you can do: get the current position from the first successfully
tuned transponder and save it for later comparisons (that's how I'm
doing it).
Apropos comparisons of sat positions:
a simple "equals" will sometimes fail: e.g. on 5east you can find "4.8"
and "5.0" in some NITs, and, IIRC, on 8west you sometimes get "8.2" in
addition to "8.0".

Wolfgang