[linux-dvb] Re: problems getting Hauppage Nova-T to work with linuxtv-dvb

There's a new chipset revision for Nova-T cards since May. A driver has been written and is in the dvb-kernel CVS tree.

Give that a try. Check the mailing list archives for the last month and you should find details of how I got mine working. The subject to search for is "WinTV Nova-t with a new tuner"

Hope that helps,

Jim

Phil Space wrote:

Hi all,

I've been trying to get the current release of
linuxtv-dvb to work for the last few days, but to no
avail. I would be extremely grateful for any
suggestions.

There's definitely nothing wrong with the card (a
Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T) or aerial setup - it works
fine
on Win98 (same computer) with the somewhat buggy
Hauppauge/Technotrend software.

I'm running Debian (using a 2.4.20 kernel I compiled -
it has the relevant bits - videodev and i2c modules
etc)

The Windows software has an 'info' tab, which lists
the
subdevice ID as 1011 13C2 . I don't know whether this
is relevant..

The 'make' part is ok - compiles fine. The problems
start when the modules are inserted in 'make insmod'

It's all hunkydory until:

----

sync
( \
insmod videodev; \
\
insmod dvb-core.o dvb_shutdown_timeout=0; \
make -C frontends insmod; \
make -C av7110 insmod; \
)
Using
/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/media/video/videodev.o
insmod: a module named videodev already exists
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/DVB/driver/frontends'
insmod alps_bsrv2.o; insmod alps_tdmb7.o; insmod
alps_tdlb7.o; insmod grundig_29504-401.o; insmod
grundig_29504-491.o; insmod stv0299.o; insmod
ves1820.o; make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/DVB/driver/frontends'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/DVB/driver/av7110'
insmod input; \
insmod evdev; \
insmod dvb-ttpci.o;
Using /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/input/input.o
insmod: a module named input already exists
Using /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/input/evdev.o
insmod: a module named evdev already exists
dvb-ttpci.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module
parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
make[1]: *** [insmod] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/DVB/driver/av7110'
make: *** [insmod] Error 2
galileo:/usr/src/DVB/driver#
----

I read a post by someone on this mailing list who was
having the same problem.

There was a reply advising him/her to try another pci
slot. I tried this and put the card in both remaining
slots but unfortunately nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Phil