[linux-dvb] Re: problems with dvb-kernel

Hello Guido.

Yup, voodoo3k and ati-radeon support both formats as well, if it's only that i can easily switch to the new format, feeling relieved now ;-)
Ok. 8-)

That accounts for the picture-failures during resize, one thing i can easily live without ;-)
8-)

The saa7146 v4l2 subsystem is quite stable. The only thing that's not
working properly for "kvdr" is the backward compatibility layer.

Well - i could'nt expect that it would work out of the box ;-)
Especially capturing is very different, so it's hard to get it right.

Now there is just one long time unanswered question (or am I ignorant?): Is it possible at all to fix that problem with the ARM or do we have to live with it? Is it simply low priority or a no-way?
I'm only the video-guy, not the dvb-driver-firmware guy, so someone from the driver developers has to comment on this...

PS: (@Billy)
Did'nt mean to say anything offending - just wanna make it work for all, so just in case - i apologize.
I'm not easily offended, no problem. I don't take these things personally. 8-)

Btw: you answered to me in private, so Billy could not read your comment. I took this mail back to the mailing list.

CU
Michael.