[linux-dvb] Re: kernel-dvb and tvtime

Hello Billy,

  I've added UYVY support and V4L2 support into my tvtime application
such that we can work with the kernel-dvb driver.  I'd really like to
get some testing of it done though before I release.  If anyone on this
list would like to help out, please send me an email and I'll point you
at the latest snapshot of my code.
I've downloaded tvtime-0.9.9-prerelease15.tar.gz. It compiles and installs flawlessly.

I tested it with my analog tv-card which uses the same saa7146 core as the "dvb-kernel" driver, but has a PAL tuner on input 0 and a NTSC camera on input 1.

sezier src # ./tvtime -f europe -n PAL -s -i 0
tvtime: Running tvtime 0.9.9.

The picture is basically there, but the display is stuttering a lot.

Only with the "Blur: Temporal" and the "Progressive" deinterlacers the stuttering is not visible.

It looks like "tvtime" does not use the captured pictures in the right order, ie. it gets the pictures 1,2,3 but processes them like 3-1-2, or the like.

Is this possible? I'll have a look at your code, perhaps I can spot something.

  Thanks a ton,
  -Billy
CU
Michael.