[linux-dvb] Re: kernel-dvb and tvtime

Michael Hunold (hunold@convergence.de):

> I've downloaded tvtime-0.9.9-prerelease15.tar.gz. It compiles and
> installs flawlessly.

  Cool.

> Only with the "Blur: Temporal" and the "Progressive" deinterlacers the
> stuttering is not visible.
>
> It looks like "tvtime" does not use the captured pictures in the right
> order, ie. it gets the pictures 1,2,3 but processes them like 3-1-2,
> or the like.
>
> Is this possible? I'll have a look at your code, perhaps I can spot
> something.

  It sounds like the driver is giving bottom-field-first frames instead
of top-field-first.

  In the V4L2 spec it says something about "PAL interlaced is bff" but I
didn't believe it (it doesn't make logical sense to me to change it for
PAL).

  So, um, what's the deal?  If you do give bff frames, do you indicate
that somewhere?

  -Billy