[linux-dvb] Re: Getting in shape for 2.6

From: "Michael Hunold" <hunold@convergence.de>
> 1) Why was tda10045h.c renamed to tda1004x.c?

Yes.

> Does it support other frontends besides the tda10045h now?

AFAIK, no. Andrew renamed it in preparation of future TDA10046H support,
but the TDA10046H has a good number of differences compared to the
TDA10045H, so there'll have to be a number of different code paths. Anyway,
since Andrew is the maintainer of the code, I'll leave that to him...

> If so, what about the firmware? Do other chipsets need a different one?
> If so, the driver should be split up instead.

The TDA10046H needs a different firmware, *but* it is found in the same
file that the current driver already takes the TDA10045H firmware from. So
that's not a problem at all.

The problem is that noone has a card with the TDA10046H yet (well, actually
I have one, but it is SAA7134-based...) so that while support could be
written, it could not be actually tested...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net