[linux-dvb] Re: Nexus-S vs. DVB-S w/o signal (Was: Any DVB-T cardrecomendation ...)

Hi!

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:

> At 23:31 04/07/2003, you wrote:
> >Is there any card that can be recomended and that works well? - Or is there
> >any other solution than buying a fullfeatured card only for the OSD?
> >I think the Nova-T works quite well for me. Small "locks" in the pictures
> >sometimmes only.
> >
> >Hauppage WinTV DVB-T for approx 268 EUR (A Swedish company; www.dustin.se)
> >Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 229 EUR (www.dvbshop.tv)
>
> You could buy a full featured DVB-s (satellite) or DVB-c (cable) card  as
> primary interface (around 180 EUR or cheaper from ebay) and then use vdr to
> feed the primary card with data in transfed mode. Note however that
> currenly the drivers have a problem with no signal on the primary card and
> ARM crash. This will hopefully be fixed in the future but until then you
> either need a strong statellite or cable signal on the primary card.

Thanks for the answer - that's what I'm thinking of. I've been reading the
threads about "misusing" DVB-S cards (it feels like that thread more
discusses programming than how different card works so I continued on this
thread instead) and I'm now thinking of either a  Nexus-S (2.1 i
assume, is there any other revisions of the Nexus-S?) from dvbcanada.com,
or a DVB-S 1.6 from usa-x.org.

Is there any differences in those cards except for the J2 block (the RGB
output that I wants!)
Or should I go for the Nexus-S from dvbcanada - I think that at last two
persons on this list succesfully uses them without sat signal ...

Thanks for any answer ...

/Lars