[linux-dvb] Re: Nexus-S vs. DVB-S w/o signal (Was: Any DVB-T card recomendation ...)

At 00:38 15/07/2003, you wrote:
 I'm now thinking of either a  Nexus-S (2.1 i
assume, is there any other revisions of the Nexus-S?) from dvbcanada.com,
or a DVB-S 1.6 from usa-x.org.

Is there any differences in those cards except for the J2 block (the RGB
output that I wants!)
Or should I go for the Nexus-S from dvbcanada - I think that at last two
persons on this list succesfully uses them without sat signal ...
As far as I know from discussion on the two lists they are supposed to have the same tuner / frontend. Hence there is the assumption that a rev. 1.6 ought to be stable without a signal. I haven't read an actual report of someone with a 1.6 and no signal yet. The J2 for RBG and digital audio out is missing on the Nexus 2.1. I'm not certain what else is different between the two but there have been suggestions it's the J2 only.

I'm getting a rev 1.6 soon and will test it for replay usability with no signal and report back to the list.