[linux-dvb] Re: Nexus-S vs. DVB-S w/o signal (Was: Any DVB-Tcard recomendation ...)

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:

> At 00:38 15/07/2003, you wrote:
> >  I'm now thinking of either a  Nexus-S (2.1 i
> >assume, is there any other revisions of the Nexus-S?) from dvbcanada.com,
> >or a DVB-S 1.6 from usa-x.org.
> >
> >Is there any differences in those cards except for the J2 block (the RGB
> >output that I wants!)
> >Or should I go for the Nexus-S from dvbcanada - I think that at last two
> >persons on this list succesfully uses them without sat signal ...
>
> As far as I know from discussion on the two lists they are supposed to have
> the same tuner / frontend. Hence there is the assumption that a rev. 1.6
> ought to be stable without a signal. I haven't read an actual report of
> someone with a 1.6 and no signal yet. The J2 for RBG and digital audio out
> is missing on the Nexus 2.1. I'm not certain what else is different between
> the two but there have been suggestions it's the J2 only.
>
> I'm getting a rev 1.6 soon and will test it for replay usability with no
> signal and report back to th

Great!

Because after watching pictures on 1.6 vs. 2.1 they look quite the same
... but then I found this page - and it claims that 1.5 and 2.1 uses the
same tuner? And that the 1.6 has a different ...

http://home.t-online.de/home/fam.nomo/Revisionsvergleich.htm

It will be interesting to see how it works for you.

Is there anyone that knows why the J2 pins are removed on the _newer_
card? I thought that RGB was to prefer ...

/Lars