[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with multicast and dvb card

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Paolo Casagranda wrote:

> Holger thank you for your answer.
> The problem is really strange, because ethereal can see the packets and
> VideoLAN streaming client cannot receive anything.
> I'll try the exhact steps you followed (with the driver + kernel you tried).
>
> By the way, what's the application you tested to receive multicast packets?

We are using tellicast from Tellique. It's a closed source application
that receives files and stores them in certain directories. Currently
we have problems with this software since we just loose to many files.

> And how did you decide the MAC address of the card?

For each interface I use the same mac address that is printed on the card.
The skystar2 driver logs the mac address to syslog.

Regards,
Holger (Kiehl)