[linux-dvb] Re: V4Lx and colorspace formats...

> > linux-dvb: (same with "old" 0.9.4-drivers)
> > YUV2 working with glitches, UYVY wrong colors
>
> I've fixed this. You can now use UYVY and the colors will be right. This
> was a driver bug.

Thanks for the fix.

> Just to make things clear:
> VIDEO_PALETTE_YUV422 corrseponds to xv 0x32595559 (YUY2)
> VIDEO_PALETTE_UYVY corresponds to xv 0x59565955 (UYVY)
> If you change this accordingly in kvdr.cpp and kvdr_xv.cpp everything is
> fine.
> But again: please use VIDEO_PALETTE_UYVY, because it's not swapped in
> software!

Locally i already did this, next version of kvdr will only use the new mode.

> > bttv:
> > YUV2 working, UYVY not working
> Which bttv version are you using? IMHO bttv supports both version, but
> it might be in 0.9.x versions (v4l2) only.

Will try 0.9.x then, currently i have still 0.7.x.

> The problem is now, that VIDEO_PALETTE_YUV422 is supported, although
> it's slow. There is no way to get this information from the driver. It
> would be best if VIDEO_PALETTE_YUV422 was removed from the driver
> completely.

Agreed - especially as that software-solution is presumably causing the green
stripes and flicker...

> So you could test first if the driver supports VIDEO_PALETTE_UYVY and if
> so, use it. Otherwise test and use VIDEO_PALETTE_YUV422.

That wont do anyway, as in multimode i would have to colorconvert before
using different grabbed image in one Xv-Buffer... to expensive.

> Btw: you don't check any of the ioctl return values in kvdr, do you?

I do in most cases, just here i ignored this. Sometimes the dvb-driver gives a
"resource temporarily unavailable" (during VIDIOCSWIN) back, but anything
just works fine. Also i had to install some usleeps(40000) as calling the
ioctl's to fast one after another makes'em fail sometimes.

> Yes, now they both support VIDEO_PALETTE_UYVY.

Thanks again!

Guido