[linux-dvb] Re: analog module dvb-c siemens

Dear Michael and dear List,

cvs up -d .... showed the patches to me :).

- Applying the patches to 2.6-test1, config (enabling ves-stuff) compiling, lilo ... reboot. (Analog Module found)
- when doing (ins|rm|dep)mod(probe) the message: "QM_MODULES: Function not implemented" drives me crazy.
- problem solved by using http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/module-init-tools-0.9.12.tar.bz2 :)

- running vdr, everything went ok
- starting xawtv crashes linux, except the mouse movements were still there; reset was the only solution. Recompiling xawtv without gl (--disable-gl) support solves this crash.

- now the analog module:

My problem (no tuning with analog modul) was caused of a "old" $HOME/.xawtv file with input=Televison in the [defaults]-section.
This .xawtv was created by using a cinergy 400 (saa7134 analog tv tuner).
I've used this card before I get the DVB-C card.
After renaming the .xawtv-file I was able to tune channel with xawtv (up and down arrows, scantv which works with the cinergy can't find /dev/dbi device but not now).
Except the sound (I think this is still a problem ?!) everything works fine.
The next I tried was renaming the .xawtv-file back and changing the input=Television in input=ANALOG, so that xawtv will be able use it again. At least I thought, that the already stored channels and their cable frequencies can be reused with the analog module of the dvb-c card now. I was surprised when I noticed that this wasn't working. Switching in the stored channel list brought the cogntion that, the frequencies seemed to be displaced.

I'm not sure about this behaviour, but frequencies are frequencies, or not? When I remember my "normal" TV (yes, I still have one in my bedroom) frequency-names and the frequenciy-names of my cinergy, they have the same channel (e.g. MDR) on the same frequency-name (e.g. S22). Why does the analog module seem to have other ones? Is this a bug in the driver on in my head?

If the sound problem is still there, I would be interested in some information or links about this (maybe how to work on this problem).

Thanks for your attention,
Patrick

PS: still impressed about the work of the dvb driver developers and all other people who helped them ;-).