[linux-dvb] Re: Weird problem

> Hello Aurelian,
>
> > So anyway... I am quite confused by this problem thus I'll stop here. But
there
> > is another thing. Sometimes, when starting locking with pre3, there is this
> > message: "...: IRQ lockup, cleared int mask" (from saa7146_core.c).
>
> So there might be a problem in the lower saa7146 parts of the driver. I
> must admit that there are probably many other pitfalls in that part of
> the driver. After the DVB driver had been forked off my old saa7146
> driver, which was good-enough for me at that time, these parts have not
> been improved, while I have been improving my saa7146 driver in parallel
> up to now.
>
> Although I'm the "saa7146 guy" please understand that I won't do any
> major changes or debugging in that part of the driver anymore (see
> below) -- some things are simply too stupid in there and must die.
>
>  > Can anyone give me a hint?
>
> Hmm, perhaps you can give the "dvb-kernel" CVS driver a try. This is
> exactly the same dvb-core, the same frontend drivers and the same av7110
> driver, only the saa7146 subsystem has been changed to support
> Video4Linux-2 for full-featured cards for example. It's the basis for
> the upcoming 2.6 kernel and the old av7110-saa7146-driver will be marked
> as obsolete when 2.6 comes out.

Ok, I have no problem with that. I'll try that...
Forgive me, I have no intention to criticize anyone (I'm not in the best
position to do that). But I don't understant this quite right: am I wrong or is
it so that there are 2 slightly different branches of the drivers (the
"dvb-kernel" one, and this let's call it the "stand-alone" one)?
If this is so: won't it be better to have just one branch? (AFAIK ppl are
working on Ver4 of these "stand-alone" drivers).

Just a thought... don't get mad on me :))

All the best,
Aurelian