[linux-dvb] Re: latest cvs driver and scan app

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Lauri Tischler wrote:

> bigg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just had to upgrade to the most recent driver mainly to improve the
> > scan app so it could output data for use with VDR.
> >
> > I've been trying to scan for channels on my local terrestrial transmitter
> > in the UK.
> >
> > After about 20 mins of playing, I eventually got it to work, however, the
> > problem I found was that if I simply loaded teh drivers (with make
> > insmod), then I tried to run the scan utility, it would fail to find any
> > channels. However, if I first ran vdr and selected a channel on the
> > terrestrial card, then killed vdr (presumably simply tuning to a frequency
> > would also have worked), that the scan app could quite happily find all of
> > the services on my local transmitter.
> > Presumably this is some kind of bug?
> >
> > As I said though, once it actually started working properly, it worked
> > fine.
> >
> > If anyone needs help trying to debug this, i'm more than willing to try
> > things for people.
>
> There propably ain't definition for your transmitter in initial.h file,
> add one there or tell us what transmitter y'r using
> It also could help if U told us your scan command string.

Ok, my transmitter is Bluebell Hill in Kent, UK.
My scan command string is: scan -o vdr | sort > channels.conf

There isn't a definition for my transmitter in the initial.h
file. However, as I said, it manages fine to scan after the terrestrial
card has been used for something. I can probably add a defintion for my
transmitter (but i'm currently watching Bad Girls)

So i'll try that and let you know in a bit.