[linux-dvb] Re: latest cvs driver and scan app

> > Ok, my transmitter is Bluebell Hill in Kent, UK.
> > My scan command string is: scan -o vdr | sort > channels.conf
>
> Try scan -n -o vdr | sort > channels.conf
>
> > There isn't a definition for my transmitter in the initial.h
> > file.
>
> Try something like one below, just change your frequency,
> I believe that all British terrestials use same config otherwise.
> ------
>          /**
>           *  Crystal Palace, (BBC1, ...)
>           */
>          {
>                  .type = FE_OFDM,
>                  .param = {
>                          .frequency = 505833333,
>                          .inversion = INVERSION_AUTO,
>                          { ofdm:
>                                  {
>                                          .bandwidth = BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ,
>                                          .code_rate_HP = FEC_3_4,
>                                          .code_rate_LP = FEC_NONE,
>                                          .constellation = QAM_16,
>                                          .transmission_mode = TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K,
>                                          .guard_interval = GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32,
>                                          .hierarchy_information = HIERARCHY_NONE
>                                  }
>                          }
>                  }
>          },
> ----------
I added just that, except for:
.frequency = 778000000 which is the frequency for BBC1...

However, the scan command is definatly finding something before it reaches
this entry, unless i've only just loaded the driver and not used it.

I have also realised that the channels.conf that it's outputting, doesn't
seem to work with my VDR... (currently 1.1.27 with ac3 patches). Was there
any kind of format change between 1.1.27 and 1.2 vdr's for teh
channels.conf file?

> > (but i'm currently watching Bad Girls)
>
> Bad Girls ??

It's a UK drama thing about a female prison...
http://www.badgirls.co.uk

> Is it any better than the Heimatkanal on satellite,
> That's about the only usefull channel on Astra anyway  :)

I can't say whether it's any better since I watch little other than UK
channels. I am quite happy now though, since about 2 hours ago I
eventually got round to connecting a dish up to my Nexus-S card and now
have the BBC channels also available via the dish (since it's a far better
quality signal than my terrestrial reception :)