[linux-dvb] Re: Transponder switching taking considerably longer

On Friday 25 July 2003 15:50, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I just switched to the latest (2003-07-25) CVS version of the DVB
> driver, and much to my disappointment I had to realize that switching
> between channels on different transponders now takes considerably
> longer than with the DVB driver version dated 2003-07-13 which I have
> been using for the past two weeks.
>
> I'm running the latest VDR 1.2.1. Switching between channels on the
> same transponder is still as fast as it used to be, but as soon as
> the transponder is changed it takes, I'd say, more than twice as long
> as before. Oh, and there's no DiSEqC equipment involved, just a
> simple multi-switch.
>
> Can anybody else confirm this?

No, I can't confirm this, but...
...I recently changed I2C bus speed from 10.3kHz to 275kHz to speed up
tuning and I2C firmware downloads. At least it does for me. ;-)

Maybe this causes problems with some frontends if they need some delays
between tuning and status check. Or they cannot handle the high speed
reliably...

Try to change
    SAA7146_I2C_BUS_BIT_RATE_120
back to
    SAA7146_I2C_BUS_BIT_RATE_3200
in saa7146_core.c. Does it make a difference?

Oliver