[linux-dvb] Re: latest cvs driver and scan app

bigg wrote:

> After about 20 mins of playing, I eventually got it to work, however, the
> problem I found was that if I simply loaded teh drivers (with make
> insmod), then I tried to run the scan utility, it would fail to find any
> channels. However, if I first ran vdr and selected a channel on the
> terrestrial card, then killed vdr (presumably simply tuning to a frequency
> would also have worked), that the scan app could quite happily find all of
> the services on my local transmitter.
> Presumably this is some kind of bug?

The bug was that scan always opened the frontend O_RDONLY which
prevented proper frontend initialization. Fixed in CVS.

BTW, this also exposes a driver bug, because the FE_SET_FRONTEND
ioctl should not be allowed with O_RDONLY.

Thanks for reporting this bug,
Johannes