[linux-dvb] latest cvs driver and scan app

Hi,

I've just had to upgrade to the most recent driver mainly to improve the
scan app so it could output data for use with VDR.

I've been trying to scan for channels on my local terrestrial transmitter
in the UK.

After about 20 mins of playing, I eventually got it to work, however, the
problem I found was that if I simply loaded teh drivers (with make
insmod), then I tried to run the scan utility, it would fail to find any
channels. However, if I first ran vdr and selected a channel on the
terrestrial card, then killed vdr (presumably simply tuning to a frequency
would also have worked), that the scan app could quite happily find all of
the services on my local transmitter.
Presumably this is some kind of bug?

As I said though, once it actually started working properly, it worked
fine.

If anyone needs help trying to debug this, i'm more than willing to try
things for people.

Thanks.

Gary