[linux-dvb] Re: rev 1.6 signal-less operation - good news

On Thursday 24 July 2003 12:37 am, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:
> Just a quick report before I forget:

[snip]

> Badly broken but not lost DVB-T reception still crashes the ARM, but that's
> to be expected. When this happens it recovers the picture by reloading the
> drivers automatically but loses sound on the Crystal DAC when doing so.
> Sound can only be brought back by completely unloading and loading the
> drivers. This can probably be fixed in the "driver reload on crash" code.

On the odd occasions I've had an ARM crash here due to DVB-t signal
degradation, sound is OK but returns at max. volume. It appears to revert to
previous level if the remote volume is altered - providing the IR survives as
I've lost that on a couple of occasions on an ARM crash, but sorted with a
driver reload.

Andy