[linux-dvb] Nova-T - terrible BER with pre3, good with pre2

Hi There,

I'm not a developer, so I'm afraid I can't offer any solutions, but I
thought I'd report this so that someone can look into it, and so others
finding the same problem know about it.

I've just moved my Nova-T from an old computer (which only used a
set-top aerial) to a new one (which has a feed of a roof-top aerial).
Card instantly became unusable, with Bit Error Rates of the order of
0x2000, rather than the order of 0x00a0 I was getting before (on the
main BBC Mux in both cases).  I checked everything, different aerial
feeds, the possibiliy of other TV cards IF interferring, heat, noise
from the faster CPU, noisey PSU rails, all getting me nowhere.
Finally, I thought of the driver version.  In the new machine, I'm
using linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0pre3, in the old machine I had been using pre2.
I downgraded the new machine to pre2, and bingo, BER's back down to
approx 0x00a0, no unconceiled errors, and a rock-solid picture.

Sorry I can't be helpful and dive into the code to find the reason for
the poor performance, but I hope this info proves useful for someone.

Since I'm here, I must say a big thanks to those who ARE developing
this.  Recording from DVB is amazing.

Cheers,

--Dave