[linux-dvb] Clarification on driver CI support

Matthew Davis writes:
 > I have been searching the list on information about driver CI support with
 > different cards.  The extent of driver support is still somewhat unclear.  As
 > I understand it, the Hauppauge Nexus CI can be used, while the Nova cannot.
 > I have seen references indicating the KNC1 DVB-s cards have driver CI
 > support, but not a definate yes or no.  Can someone clarify this for me?

KNC1 CI support currently is not public but probably will be (though binary only).
So, no, there currently is no support.

We moved the general CI link layer device support into separate files
in our last release which makes adding support for a new CI hardware
easier. But you will still have to add the CI link and physical
layers.

Ralph