[linux-dvb] Re: Is there any full-featured DVB-T card (combination) working in Berlin?

Hallo Juri,

Am Freitag, 25.07.03, um 12:36 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Juri Haberland:

Hannes Stein wrote:
The
support of the first shop told me, that this card only has just one
tuner (not both parts - whatever that means...)[...]
I think they mean that this tuner cannot receive UHF - e.g. channels 5
and 7 in Berlin.
Oh, thanks, I just couldn't image what two parts it might be, now it's quit clear. Does it mean, that the countries transmitting only UHF have less channels (or at least: they don't have the ability to have more channels than UHF/VHF)?

The other card has a Grundig-Tuner (BSRU6 0N2815A), the Chips are
Philips SAA7146 and a Texas Instruments DSP (TMX320AV71111GFN). But the
price (320 EURO) is more than a budget DVB-T card _and_ a premium DVB-C
(or -S) card together! A lot of money wasted, if it wouldn't work.
It's basically the same card with the same limitations.
There's a third variant with a tuner from ALPS. It cannot receive UHF as
well.
Great. So there's a big variaty of cards _not_ working for me.
I just got an email from technotrend that they don't plan to build a full-featured DVB-T card for UHF _and_ VHF. All cards they know having a UHF/VHF tuner don't have a hardware Decoder (Haupauge DEC 2000-T, Lorenzen DVB-T).

[...Siemens full-featured DVB-C together with TT DVB-T budget card (120 EURO)...]

Well, the analog module is not fully supported yet, but it seems that
it's getting better. Another benefit of the Siemens card is that you
could receive the digital channels in the Berlin cable (though only the
ARD and ZDF stuff).
My DVB-C Provider would be Primacom.de, digital cable would cost an extra 2,71 EURO/month just for:
DVB-C: XXP, ZDF Vision, 2xARD Digital(where I get ZDF-Doku, ZDF-Info and ARD via DVB-T)

Last thing would be, to get this haupauge DEC-2000T and try to make
that thing work... but having read the stuff about this, i don't think
it's a good idea...
I wouldn't go into that direction as I don't know whether this USB box
is capable of replaying MPEG streams. Anyone?
Having a set-top-box sounds interessting, but i never trust things that are connected via USB 1 (except mouse and keyboard). Wouldn't a DXR3 fix that play-back problem?

Here you have two possibilities:
Either get a full-featured card (doesn't matter what kind of DVB
[S|C|T]) or get a Hollywood+ DXR3 via eBay. The DXR3 seems to be the
most cheapest solution and maybe even the best one.
Does that mean, i can use all the DXR3 cards, for example the ones from "creative" sold here:
http://search.ebay.de/search/search.dll?query=DXR3? (I didn't find a "hollywood+" card, so i don't know what this meant).

I have another question: what about heat and power-supply? Does a DXR3 need the same power as a DVB card? Do they need the power only when they're used or all the time?

Even if there're some new questions I have (which are less importaint) I'd like to thank you for helping me with the major problems in choosing my VDR Hardware.

Hannes

--
hannsens@macnews.de
ICQ#: 118301645