[linux-dvb] AverMedia DVB-T for linux

Hi.

I've just acquired an AverMedia DVB-T and am keen to get this going under Linux. There appears to be preliminary driver support in dvb-kernel (at least the basic components appear to be there).

It appears to be a budget card with a bt878 bridge and a tuner. It's not entirely clear from the card at least what the tuner is.

I have managed to get it cranked up under windows OK - so at least I know the card works.

I have followed instructions in the DVB/build-2.4 directory README's

Should this card behave in a similar way to other bt878 based cards, i.e. expose a /dev/video device?

I have also tried to compile the DVB driver and vdr. Both seem to compile up OK, but the /dev/dvb/adaptor<x>/ etc... devices don't seem to want to play ball. Hnch tells me this is perhaps not the right path to follow.

I tried using xawtv but unfortunately it hangs the whole box.

I am using source 2.4.21 kernel with pre-emptive and scheduling capabilities patches.

If anyone has a suggestion as to the direction to look in to get this card going under Linux I would be most grateful.

regards,

Mark

Home | Main Index | Thread Index