[linux-dvb] Re: What to put in /etc/modules.conf for Nova-t

I manages to get it working with a few channels all by my self

svbstream -f 570000 -qam 16 -cs 2_3 -o -ps 201 202 | mplayer -cache 4096 -

Got it working for BBC One where I am

Just wondering if there is a way so scan throught al the frequences and
get all the channels automatically

Also how do I make it work with xine? As it's my player of preferance.

Oh and how do I set up xine for changing channels I heard somewhere that
it is possible.

Thanks

Mike

Michael Lothian wrote:

this seems to have worked I'm getting output from dvb stream.

Now what command do I type in to actually watch what's being out putted my
dvbstream?

Thanks

Mike

Quoting David Kuehling <dvdkhlng@gmx.de>:

"Michael" == Michael Lothian <s0095670@sms.ed.ac.uk> writes:

What exactly do I need to put into /etc/modules.conf to make my
Hauppauge Nova-t card work. It's a budget card so has no mpeg decoder.

I'm using the following lines:

alias char-major-250 dvb
alias dvb dvb-ttpci
below dvb-ttpci alps_bsrv2 alps_tdmb7 alps_tdlb7
add below dvb-ttpci tda1004x
add below dvb-ttpci stv0299 ves1820 options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0

This is for a system *without* devfs. Note that on Debian systems
you're not allowed to edit modules.conf manually, see `man
update-modules'.

David
Fingerprint: B17A DC95 D293 657B 4205 D016 7DEF 5323 C174 7D40

linux-dvb" as subject.