[linux-dvb] Re: Wrong colors using tvTime dvb-driver

Hans-Frieder Vogt wrote:
[xawtv/NVIDIA problem]

I think, the main problem is, that xawtv gets confused by the additional XV-adapter that the new NVIDIA driver (44.96) supports (call xvinfo to see what XVideo-adapters and ports are supported).
However, I haven't digged into the xawtv sources, but with a workaround I can still use xawtv with the XVideo-Extension:
If the xvideo-port is explicitly selected for xawtv/motv then it does not crash any more.
Just add in ~/.Xresources (or wherever your distribution wants to see user-defined X resources) e.g. (the port numbers may need to be changed)
xawtv.xvport: 137
motv.xvport: 137
Yeah, that is trick!

I added, as you said, the lines

xawtv.xvport: 137
motv.xvport: 137

to .Xdefaults, run

xrdb ~/.Xdefaults

and now xawTv-3.88 (using the x-video extension) works together with the NVIDIA 1.0-44.96/GeForce TI4600.

Right now one question is left. "xvinfo" tells me there are the three adapters

Adaptor #0: "NV17 Video Overlay"
port base: 137

Adaptor #1: "NV05 Video Blitter"
port base: 138

Adaptor #2: "NVIDIA Video Interface Port"
port base: 170

Which documentation covers these three adapters? Where can I found the purpose of these three adapters?

Ciao Ruediger