[linux-dvb] Re: no VHF- Support for the new Nova-T (SL DVB-T) in Berlin?

On Tuesday 16 Sep 2003 11:30 pm, Hannes Stein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks to your Mail-Archiv my VDR works fine with all UHF Channels now
> (>500MHz), but I'm not able to switch to the VHF channels. I only get
> the Programm Infos on OSD - the screen stays black. My PCI-Card is a SL
> DVB-T (looking like this: http://secret.cream.org/wintv-newtuner.jpg),
> the box says it supports UHF & VHF.
>
> Can anybody give me a hint, where might be the problem? I changed the
> antenna to a 100% VHF-compatible product, tried to find a tool to
> display the signal strength (could it be a weak signal on VHF?) but
> didn't find one. Searched the net and the mailinglist- archives...
>
> Have they sold me a UHF card that's simply not capable of VHF (is the
> Programm Info transmittet via VHF?)? Anybody got a Nova-T or SL DVB-T
> running in Berlin?

The problem when I was developing the driver the TDA10045H that card is that
I'm in the UK, which is UHF only, so I wasn't able to test VHF at all.

Has anyone else managed to get VHF going on a TDA10045H based card? Sounds
like some additional development may be needed.