[linux-dvb] Re: no VHF- Support for the new Nova-T (SL DVB-T) in Berlin?

    From: Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
    To: Hannes Stein <hannsens@macnews.de>, linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:14:18 +0100
    On Tuesday 16 Sep 2003 11:30 pm, Hannes Stein wrote:
    > thanks to your Mail-Archiv my VDR works fine with all UHF Channels now
    > (>500MHz), but I'm not able to switch to the VHF channels. I only get
    > the Programm Infos on OSD - the screen stays black. My PCI-Card is a SL
    > DVB-T (looking like this: http://secret.cream.org/wintv-newtuner.jpg),
    > the box says it supports UHF & VHF.
    >
    > Can anybody give me a hint, where might be the problem? I changed the
    > antenna to a 100% VHF-compatible product, tried to find a tool to
    > display the signal strength (could it be a weak signal on VHF?) but
    > didn't find one. Searched the net and the mailinglist- archives...
    >
    > Have they sold me a UHF card that's simply not capable of VHF (is the
    > Programm Info transmittet via VHF?)? Anybody got a Nova-T or SL DVB-T
    > running in Berlin?

    The problem when I was developing the driver the TDA10045H that card is that
    I'm in the UK, which is UHF only, so I wasn't able to test VHF at all.

    Has anyone else managed to get VHF going on a TDA10045H based card?

Andrew,
  Yes.  I can report four TDA10045H based cards currently tuned to 226.5,
177.5, 191.625 and 219.5 MHz respectively.  Specifically, at device
driver module probe time, I see messages of the form:

  DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
  PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:09.0
  tda10045h: Detected Philips TDM1316L tuner.
  DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Philips TDA10045H)...

(And there is a fifth card tuned to 571.5 MHz, but that's UHF.)

They all work very well thanks to your work and to that of all
the Linux DVB people.

Regards,
bruce.