[linux-dvb] Re: no VHF- Support for the new Nova-T (SL DVB-T)in Berlin?

Hannes Stein wrote:
Hello Holger,

Am Mittwoch, 17.09.03, um 11:23 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Holger Waechtler:

If you can get the Service Information for this particular channel your card is tuning correctly (assuming that they don't use the SDT-other tables). Maybe only Audio and Video PID are not correct.

Seems that mostly Code rate high priority, Bandwidth and TPID was set wrong. But as I didn't tune myself that's not surprising...

Please use the simple tools for debugging, e.g.:

$ DVB/apps/szap/tzap c5

I was trying that before, but didn't get it working. I thought that
"usage: ./tzap [-a adapter_num] [-f frontend_id] [-d demux_id] [-c conf_file] [-r] <channel name>"
means i should type something like

# ./tzap -c /video/channels.conf ARD
resulting in:
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
ERROR: error while parsing inversion (syntax error)

It was your hint that made me try:
./tzap -c channels.conf-dvbt-berlin c5
(of cause _that_ worked)

Is there a doc describing how to use that? I tried "man vdr", "man 5 vdr" and the "Linux DVB API Version 3" (which seems to be for programmers, not for users...).

Stupid me, I first got the result after typing scan -c:

gonzo:/usr/src/vdr/DVB/apps/scan # scan -c
You already have the standard nmh directory "/root/Mail".
Do you want to use it for nmh?

(yes, shame on me, I was logged in as root...)

Well, I couldn't imagine what you guys want to tell me via Mail to my root...

O.k. but I found out that it would be a better idea to use ./scan ...

btw: is there a way to find out about the strenght of the signal? I got two antennas and would like to know which is better and where's the best position.
There used to be a path "TechPath" or something, not being maintained for months, but does it still work with vdr 1.2.2 (I don't want to loose my stable VDR, so I'm afraid of trying...)
'signal XXXX' in tzap provides the signal strength as hex value between 0x0000 (bad) and 0xffff (good). The same for SNR (signal noise ratio), BER (bit error rate) and UNC (uncorrectable block count).

Holger