[linux-dvb] Re: Linux-2.6.0-test5-bk3.

Hello Erik,

There seems to be some kind of problem with the dvb-driver in the latest latest version of the 2.6.0-test kernel (2.6.0-test5-bk3). I'm trying to compile the modules for my DVB-C 2.1-card (dvb-core, dvb-ves1820 and dvb-ttpci) and I think this is the first version of the test-kernel that includes the dvb-ttpci(?).

/ ... /

  *** Warning: "saa7146_setgpio"
      [drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/dvb-ttpci.ko] undefined!

(update)

I have this problem with the new 2.6.0-test5-bk4 too. No one else?
Good news: I've been able to reproduce the bug. The "problem" is, that the saa7146 driver is implicitely selected when you select any saa7146 based driver, ie. the av7110 driver.

Unfortunately, something went wrong for you: you have the av7110 driver selected:

#
# Supported SAA7146 based PCI Adapters
#
CONFIG_DVB_AV7110=m

but the Kbuild-system did not include the saa7146 driver to be compiled. 8-(

The only workaround I've found so far is: delete all sections regarding the dvb stuff *manually* from the .config file, ie. the sections:

# Multimedia devices
# Video For Linux
# Video Adapters
# Radio Adapters
# Digital Video Broadcasting Devices
# Supported Frontend Modules
# Supported SAA7146 based PCI Adapters
# Supported FlexCopII (B2C2) Adapters

Then start again selecting the drivers you need. After you exit the configuration, you should have the following lines in your .config:

CONFIG_VIDEO_SAA7146=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_VIDEOBUF=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_BUF=y

/Erik