[linux-dvb] Re: Nexus-s video feed lost (Card/Diseqc Issue?)

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 15:18, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > -        if (this_pid < 0x100 || this_pid > 0x1fff)
> > +        if (this_pid < 0x1 || this_pid > 0x1fff)
>
> PID 0 is also valid

Ok thanks, need to communicate this to Kenneth.

> You shouln't *ever* do ioctls w/o checking the return value/errno
> (even though szap does it...).

Actually I was wondering, based on the eutelsat specs should the tuning
sequence be like this for best backward compatibility?:

15ms quiet period
SET_TONE SEC_TONE_OFF
15ms quiet period
SET_VOLTAGE SEC_VOLTAGE_13
15ms
DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD (E0 10 38 ..)
100ms

//Diseqc1.1 recommended action for uncommitted switches
DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD (E0 10 39 ..)
100ms

//Diseqc1.1 recommended action for multi-stage...
DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD (E0 10 38 ..)
100ms

//Diseqc1.1 recommended action for uncommitted multi-stage...
DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD (E0 10 39 ..)
100ms
15ms
SET_TONE, t
15ms
SET_VOLTAGE, v
15ms

While I the 100ms delays can be shortened to about 50ms, I still think
this would have a major effect on channel changing speed - which is
already getting some critique as far as I have read the Mythtv lists. I
quess the repeats for the multi-stage could very well be controlled from
settings ui, as well as, support for uncommitted switches.

Anyhow, I would be interested in knowing if I have understood the diseqc
stuff right - just to educate myself on the subject.

> The other stuff looks OK to me.

:) Now I have just to get the card in order - I have been able to
confirm that the feed from the antenna is ok, and diseqc works ok at
that end, so it must be the Nexus-S card that just decided it is time to
go... luckily the warranty period is still on...

Petri