[linux-dvb] Re: Nexus-s video feed lost (Card/Diseqc Issue?)

Petri Nykanen wrote:

> Actually I was wondering, based on the eutelsat specs should the tuning
> sequence be like this for best backward compatibility?:
> While I the 100ms delays can be shortened to about 50ms, I still think
> this would have a major effect on channel changing speed - which is
> already getting some critique as far as I have read the Mythtv lists. I
> quess the repeats for the multi-stage could very well be controlled from
> settings ui, as well as, support for uncommitted switches.

I would recommend config options for uncommitted switches and 1..2
repeats for cascaded switches. And for simple equipment it might be
worthwhile to skip diseqc and just use tone/volt.

I haven't tried mythtv yet, but doesn't it use a software MPEG decoder
for Nova/Budget cards? If so, I guess the slow program switching speeds is a
result of the pre-buffering done by the software MPEG decoder.

> Anyhow, I would be interested in knowing if I have understood the diseqc
> stuff right - just to educate myself on the subject.

Seems like you got it right.

Johannes