[linux-dvb] Re: Nexus-s video feed lost (Card/Diseqc Issue?)

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
Petri Nykanen wrote:

Anyhow, I would be interested in knowing if I have understood the diseqc
stuff right - just to educate myself on the subject.

Seems like you got it right.
just a remark: Since DiSEqC 1.x is one-way only you get no feedback if the switch/LNB switched correctly. So it's usually safer to repeat the DiSEqC message at every new tuning attempt, your optimisation will maybe just cause user confusion in case of unreliable Switch/LNB hardware.

In any case you can copy'n'paste the relevant DiSEqC code from DVB/apps/test/diseqc.c and DVB/apps/szap/szap.c, there all the suggested timings are included. You can make this asynchronous by using threads, but in any case the time spent sending DiSEqC messages should be short compared to the synchronisation times of the MPEG decoder. Switch off buffering or minimize buffer sizes if possible.

Holger