[linux-dvb] Problem with CRC checking

The scan application doesn't want to work for me on Linux-2.6.0-test5. When I run the dvb-kernel drivers on linux-2.4 it works OK.

I think i've tracked the problem down to the CRC check which occurs when DMX_CHECK_CRC is selected by scan. Removing the flag in the scan code makes it work OK.

I think the difference is that in 2.4 the crc32_le routine in dvb_compat.c is used, but in 2.6 the linux/lib/crc32.c code is used.
The two routines appear to work differently.

Also, I noticed that Linux-2.4.22 has the same lib/crc32.c code as linux-2.6, should dvb-kernel be using this?

Jon