[linux-dvb] Re: frequencyTolerance - Bis !!

Hi,

Thanks for your answer,
> I'm not a frontend guru, and I don't no much about these. Try
> to ask Holger Waechtler directly he's the one who introduced
> these fields.

Ok, I'll ask him directly

> The frontend kernel thread always performs zig-zag scanning around the
> given frequency to achieve a lock on the signal, and this cannot be disabled
> (ask Holger why not, I don't know).
> After you have a signal, parse the NIT to get the true tuning paramters.
> See apps/scan and ETSI EN 300 468.

I've read a discussion about a patch to avoid zig-zag, but this wasn't
included in the API... Is frequencyTolerance the range allowed for
zig-zag scanning ? This was my first idea, some experiment seem to
confirm that on my system...

I've got a DVB-S, thus NIT scaning seems Ok but I think NIT aren't
always good : some cable providers only perform modulation of satelite'
signal and don't correct NIT, so I'm not sure I can always trust NIT...

> HTH,
> Johannes

ThanX !
--
Pierre-Alexandre FAVIER

Laboratoire d'Informatique Industrielle
Ecole Nationale d'Ingénieurs de BREST
Parvis Blaise Pascal
Technopole Brest-Iroise
CS 73 862 - 29 238 Brest Cedex 3 - France

Tel. : (33) 2 98 05 71 65
Fax.: (33) 2 98 05 66 29
favier@enib.fr