[linux-dvb] Re: frequencyTolerance - Bis !!

Pierre-Alexandre FAVIER wrote:
I've got a DVB-S, thus NIT scaning seems Ok but I think NIT aren't
always good : some cable providers only perform modulation of satelite'
signal and don't correct NIT, so I'm not sure I can always trust NIT...
Usually there is either at least one transponder with correct NITs in a network, sometimes the NITs are partially transmitted on several transponders. I've never seen a network without NITs, this would render almost every existing STB unusable.

Brute force parameter scanning is really slow if you do it in software. There are some newer frontends which can do this in hardware and notify you as soon they found something, but we don't support this yet in the API. These chips are just too new...

Holger