[linux-dvb] Re: Lipsync

Tomi Ollila writes:

 > If I do `dvb-mplex -T MPEG2 -o remux.mpg orig.mpg' with that file, In the
 > beginning of recording, there is perfect lip-sync. After one hour, video
 > is about 600ms ahead of audio, and at the end, video is about 700ms ahead
 > of audio.
 >
 > With the above mencoder run, during first hour it often prints `1 duplicate frame',
 > and near the end some more `1 duplicate frame's... mencoder (in streamcopy
 > modes) also produced (.avi) file that plays in sync (with mplayer), but
 > there might be some tricks involved...

dvb-mplex like the original mplex and the mplex in mjpegtools expects
uncorrupted elementary streams as input material, this is of course
not always the case for DVB recordings. I only added a demuxer in
dvb-mplex to feed elemetary streams to mplex. What we need is a
program that can fix an elementary audio or video stream.
A first step could be to look at mplayer and see how to avoid
or remove duplicate frames.

Did anyone try ts_es_demux and the mplex from mjpegtools to see if
that gives better results. If that were the case I could just
incorporate that one instead of the old mplex.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |