[linux-dvb] MPEG-4

I am currently working with a broadcasting company that has about 20 channels on an Echostar satellite. They are looking to multiplex a few MPEG-4 streams along side their MPEG-2 streams. They are using Echostar's conditional access to restrict viewing. If we used a PCI tuner with Linux that supports a CAM, could we, theoretically pull the MPEG-4 stream out of the multiplexed stream and decode it? They tell me that some set-top-boxes can do this...but we do not have any specifics yet. They are looking for some guidance on this matter and the stream would only be used for the PCI based tuner card on Linux.

Thanks for you help,
Nathan Whittacre
nwhittacre@admediadisplays.com